Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pear Muffins

A tweak of Nonno's Banana Muffins:


*This summer, when my grandfather was over he taught me his famous banana muffin recipe.  I have since tweaked it for pears and it tastes fabulous!!
Ingredients:
*1/3 cup whole wheat flour
*1/3 cup white flour
*1 cup instant oats
*4 tsps baking powder
*1 tsp cinnamon
*3/4 cup brown sugar
*1/2 cup walnuts
*2 eggs
*1 cup milk (I use almond milk)
*1/3 cup canola oil
*6 pears (or less depending on your taste)

Directions:  

*pre-heat oven to 350 
*make pear sauce (same as applesauce, but pears are more difficult to cook down.  Slice the pears fairly small, pour some water into the sauce pan, and add cinnamon to taste)
*mix dry ingredients in a bowl
*add wet ingredients
*MIX
*place in muffin pan
*cook for 20 minutes
*ENJOY =)

*Green Bay Packers apron is a must have for cooking in my kitchen!










2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda...
    Oh you're tempting me into another visit!
    I love those pear muffins... and the cooked pears... just the aroma is amazing!
    Hope you're weekend is cozy and warm...
    I know you're oven is making things toasty in the kitchen ♥
    love you*
    ~mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMM! Pour me a cup of tea so I can have it with one of your warm pear muffins! I love your new blog Amanda! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete